- Nov 2016: I presented "IoT For Slackers" (abridged) at BrisJS.
- Nov 2016: I will be presenting "Continuous Dashboarding - Your DevOps Airbag" at Linux.conf.au, Hobart, Jan 2017
- Oct 2016: Here's my slides from IoT For Slackers which I presented at the YOW! Connected conference in Melbourne. I also livetweeted the conference events. Video coming soon.
- Sep 2016: I was interviewed for DevDiner magazine about my work in IoT, and upcoming conference.
- Aug 2016: If you are looking for a CTO, CIO or Senior Manage in Brisbane, I'm for hire.
Blogs and Articles
I'm interested in a lot of things, from tiny sensors to big data, and from 12th century handcrafts to lasers.
By day I build software and teams. By night, I make robots, and smoke.
Blog - Technology and Software
I write on Medium about Insufficiently Advanced Technology. (Software is just liquid technology, it doesn't work yet either, and maybe never will.)
Blog - IoT and Robotics
Make The Future - IoT, robotics and home automation.
My posts and articles on Linked In
My Tweets, mostly about futurism, privacy and cats.
Tumblr - Making and crafting
Things I Made In My Shed - Some of the things I've made
Blog - Rants
Book Me on the Next Comet! - random grumbles, irregularly updated
- See github.com/unixbigot for my recent projects.
More about me
Christopher Biggs has been into Open Systems since the early 90s and was there at the birth of Linux and 386BSD. His interest in electronics and connected devices goes back even further.
He was founding vice president of HUMBUG, the Brisbane open systems user group, and built and managed a diverse, inclusive team of over 60 developers at a leading Brisbane IT company.
He has presented at conferences and user groups around Australia, and convened a weekly technology lecture series for the entire technology department at his most recent workplace.
In his spare time he builds and blogs robots and adds to the growing Internet of Things.
christopher biggs <christopher @ biggs.id.au>